Day 28

St. Joe, MO to Chilicothe, MO -- 86 miles) This was an uneventful day really. I'm actually writing this a day later because the Best Western in Chilicothe did not have a computer for us to use. Kind of nice to be free of the responsibility of "blogging" for one day, really. There's nothing exciting to report from the ride from St. Joe to Chilicothe except that I found out -- and regretfully, did not take a picture of the sign -- that Chilicothe, MO is the "home of sliced bread!" You can actually type in www.homeofslicedbread.com and read about it! I haven't checked it out yet but my friend from Santa Fe, Kim, wrote me an email and told me about it. I find that pretty humorous! The motel last night was like one out of the 50's or 60's. It was a real motel with motor court where you could drive right up to your door. We had a couple of rocking chairs on our porch so a few of us sat around and rocked, drank a beer, and visited a little while before dinner. It's rare to have that much extra time so it was really pretty nice.

No comments: