Day 32

Springfield, IL to Champaign, IL-- 93 miles) Today was BEAUTIFUL! The temperature was in the mid 80's, what wind we had was a tail wind (praise the Lord!) and the ride was relatively flat. The best part of the day, however, is that it's the end of a "work" week and tomorrow we have a rest day! Those are the days we look forward to the most now days. A group of us will go somewhere good for dinner tonight and then go see the "Sex in the City" movie which I've been looking forward to for months. Tomorrow I'm going to get a massage. As a therapist myself, I know how important it is to flush out the lactic acid from the muscles and work out the kinks. It's the one thing I decided to do every single rest day since I'm putting a lot of demands on my body and it deserves to be pampered! We've covered over 2,200 miles so far. The black line on our map (to show the distance we've already covered) is growing inch by inch every day and now we're about 2/3 of the way finished. It's just hard for me to believe that we've actually ridden this far on a bicycle in four weeks. Just unbelievable!

No comments: