Day 37

Richmond, IN to Marysville, OH -- 105 miles HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all you dads out there -- especially to my husband, Lee, and my boys' dad, Tom. My dad died in 1976 when I was 19 years old so it's been a long time since I've celebrated Father's Day with my daddy. I wonder what he would think of what I've been doing for the last 5 weeks! Weather wise, this was a perfect day. The temperature was in the mid 70's starting out at 7 am and ended a little on the warm side in the mid-80's according to my "Yankee" riding buddies (but not by Arkansas standards). We had a strong wind out of the west today which was a blessing for a change. It was a long day but an enjoyable one. The past few days I've been riding with Ken and Bill from Peoria, IL, Bob from St. Joe, MO, Bob from Boston, and today Paula from Sacramento. We stopped and had lunch around mile 66 to break up the day a little bit. We've picked up a few new riders since Champaign. Bob from Boston joined us to completed the second half of his trek across the US which he began in 2001, and Jim and Carol from the Philadelphia area (Westchester) joined us in Indianapolis to complete their 4Th leg of this journey. I'm beginning to think Bob, Jim and Carol were the smart ones to break it up into segments and not try to do it all at once. Two and three weeks at a time would be a lot easier than seven straight weeks. However, since we're nearing the end with just 12 more riding days, I'm going to be glad I have it all behind me in one attempt, I think. Carol said to say hi to her good friends from Westchester, PA (Sharon and the other name escapes me right now) who are reading my blog updates for daily reports. Sorry I can't remember the other lady's name but just ask Ken how bad I am with names! I call him Bill about 5 times a day. Well that's it for now. We have 3 more hard days before we get to our next rest day in Erie, PA. We ride 100 tomorrow and 95 the next, etc., etc. We're a little over 75% finished with the tour -- hard to believe.

1 comment:

con bon said...

peg...we're so proud of you!! We talked to Buddy tonight and let him know your blog address. Stay strong, you're making a lot of kids smile.