Day 45

Syracuse, NY to Little Falls, NY -- 78 miles HELP! I can't remember one thing about the ride yesterday. All the days have been running together for some time now but eventually I can remember something, but I am truly drawing a blank. I guess I've just been on the road too long! Don Behrens (Albany, NY) is raising money for Catholic Charities for Emergency Relief for the Diocese of Albany. His organization set up a SAG stop in addition to our regular one so we had extra junk food on the ride today. They're planning a bigger SAG stop with more volunteers for us tomorrow. Little Falls is a small town on the Mohawk River that, in its heyday, was a thriving commercial town on the river and Erie Canal, but that was then and this is now. There's not much to tell about Little Falls except that a lot of trains go through there at all hours of the night! There is one special thing about this town, though, and that is that the lock there is the highest one on the Erie Canal. We stayed at a Best Western (the only hotel in the whole town) and they did a buffet dinner for us in one of the meeting rooms. There was no internet in the hotel so I wasn't able to write this yesterday. This probably explains why I can't remember anything about the ride today! We didn't get rained on yesterday and that's probably because I had my rain jacket with me all day -- good insurance! Only 3 more days to go until Burlington, MA!

No comments: